Cylinder Refill Agreement Terms and Conditions
Please be advised that the CRA element of your order can only be refunded if we have NOT sent you the paperwork to confirm it. This is because the paperwork cannot be voided or destroyed to prevent it being used. You MUST tell us within 24hr working hours if you want to cancel your order and receive a CRA refund.
Important legal information for Calor bottled gas users
Cylinder Refill Agreement
Calor Gas cylinders remain at all times the property of Calor Gas Limited. This form must be kept safely, as any
refund of this Refill Agreement Charge (see condition 7) can only be made on production of this form to an
authorised Calor Gas supplier. In these conditions: “Agreement” means this Cylinder Refill Agreement; “Calor”
means Calor Gas Limited; “Cylinder” means a cylindrical container bearing the Calor logo which is designed to
facilitate the safe storage and transportation of Gas; “Gas” means liquefied petroleum gas; “Refill Agreement
Charge” means the sum payable by the User to Calor in exchange for the use of a Cylinder subject to the terms of the
Agreement; “Retailer” means any supply point of Gas that has been approved by Calor; and “User” means any
person who is a party to an Agreement with Calor.
1. Purpose of the Refill Agreement Charge - In consideration of the Refill Agreement Charge, Calor agrees to refill the
Cylinder with supplies of Gas during the currency of this Agreement. Calor may fulfil its obligation to refill the
Cylinder by providing the User with a pre-filled Cylinder in exchange for the empty Cylinder, but reserves the right to
refill the Cylinder by any other means. A Cylinder can only be exchanged for a similar replacement refill Cylinder,
otherwise a new Agreement will be required.
2. Future supplies of Gas – In entering into this Agreement the User also understands that he/she will pay additional
sums at the prevailing rate for the Gas contained in the Cylinder and for all future supplies of Gas as and when the
Cylinder is refilled in accordance with Condition 1 of this Agreement.
3. Cylinders remain the property of Calor at all times and may only be filled by Calor - Calor makes the Cylinder
available to the User as a means of safely transporting and storing the Gas supplied. This Agreement is not a rental
Agreement and it does not provide the User with title to the Cylinder. The User will not part with possession or
control of the Cylinder (other than to a Retailer) nor claim to have rights in breach of this Agreement, nor claim or
attempt to create or create any agency or bailment in relation to the Cylinder or the User’s obligations.
4. Use of Cylinder – The Cylinder may be used only as a container for Gas and may not be sold, exchanged (other
than for the purpose of this Agreement), hired, assigned, transferred, mortgaged, lent, abandoned, nor damaged,
decanted, filled or tampered with.
5. Calor’s rights over the Cylinders – The User is liable for the safe storage and use of Cylinders and the safety of any
equipment used with them but Calor may inspect or test Cylinders and any fittings used with them at any time and
remove and replace Cylinders if defective, or for any other reason, but without being under any obligation to do so.
In any case of wilful damage or breach of this Agreement Calor may repossess Cylinders immediately and the User,
by entering into this Agreement, irrevocably authorises Calor or its agent to enter on the User’s property for these
purposes and in that event this Agreement is terminated. Calor may charge the User for loss of use of a Cylinder, in
the event of loss or damage to the Cylinder, but this charge shall not give the User any rights in the Cylinder. Unless
Calor, at its discretion, decides otherwise, the User will forfeit any rights or benefits conferred upon them by this
6. Statutory Obligations – Calor will comply with all statutory and appropriate Code of Practice requirements in
respect of Cylinders but this shall not mean that Calor has any obligation to maintain in good condition Cylinders
which are in the User’s possession.
7. Termination by the User – This Agreement remains in force for 50 years. The User may terminate this Agreement
by returning the Cylinder in good order to a Retailer nominated for this purpose and shall be entitled on presenting
this Agreement to a refund of a proportion of the Refill Agreement Charge as follows:
1 year old - 70% refund
2 year old - 60% refund
3 year old - 50% refund
4 year old - 45% refund
5 year old - 40% refund
6 year old - 35% refund
7 years old - 30% refund
Over 7 years - 25% refund
8. Termination by Calor – This Agreement may be terminated by Calor in the event of any act of insolvency or breach
of this Agreement on the part of the User.
9. Delivery – Where a Cylinder is to be delivered to the User, Calor may use an agent for this purpose.
10. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
11. VAT and any other applicable taxes will be charged at the appropriate rate.