Gottle Fuels (Heating Oil) & FAQ's
Our aim is to supply your heating oil within 10 working days but, if we can get it there sooner we won't charge you a premium unlike other sites. (emergencies excepted)
All we ask is you order a minimum of 500 litres and round it to the nearest 50.
We use reputable, local companies to make deliveries for us so you're in good hands.
Please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions below:
What is the minimum amount I can order at a single time?
- The minimum order is 500 litres and you must order in blocks of 50 litres upwards. Eg) 550, 600
What if I order too much by accident?
- Our suppliers will notify us of any difference to your order and the available room in your tank.
How do I pay you?
- Payment is taken securely on our website. You may use credit, debit cards or one of the express checkouts. It may be possible to offer you a direct debit too.
Do you refund my card if I have ordered too much?
- Yes, we will refund onto your card. However, in the situation that a significant over order has been placed we may need to charge an administration fee and additional pence per litre should the price banding change. Small differences will not attract any fees as these are expected.
Can I cancel my order?
- It may be possible to cancel an existing order provided that your oil has not already been dispatched for delivery. Please note that we reserve the right to retain up to £25 of the order value as an administration fee for cancellations.
- To request a cancellation you MUST contact us detailing your name, postcode and order information. Our operating hours are Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. Requests to cancel outside of these hours will be actioned on the next working day. Please be aware that your order will not have been cancelled until we have confirmed this to you in writing, to include email, or by telephone.
What VAT rates are applicable?
- A 5% VAT rate applies to all domestic heating oil purchases. Commercial orders above 2,300 litres will be charged at the prevailing business rate (currently set at 20%). VAT rates may change and these will be applied at the rate prevailing at the time.
Do I need to be at home for the delivery?
- You are not always required to be at home to accept the delivery. The driver will leave you a metered ticket confirming delivery has taken place. This will show you the date of delivery and the type of quantity of fuel dispensed. Drivers have the right to refuse to make any delivery which they believe is unsafe or posses a risk. Drivers are unable to carry out "through property" or outbuilding deliveries due to health & safety and insurance restrictions.
Does my tank need to be in good repair?
- For safety reasons, if it is not possible to assess your tank at the time of delivery, or it is deemed to be non-compliant or at risk then the driver will not deliver the fuel.